Jan 17, 2006

Karma and Paying It Forward




One of tv's new, hottest shows is "My Name Is Earl". In it, Earl wins a small lottery, and, after an epiphany, he is determined to transform his good fortune into a life-changing event as he sets out to right all the wrongs from his past. As he says " Do good things and good things will happen to you - do bad things and they'll come back to haunt you. I'm talkin' about karma."

I believe in this - as much as I do in "Paying it Forward". Now don't get me wrong, I am not superstitious in any way. Here's how I see it. A while back a guy let me cut in to the Tim Horton's Drive Thru Lane before him (which could be dangerous as I could've been ordering sandwiches for 20 people) I saw that small gesture as a very kind act - lots of people ignored me as I patiently waited to turn into the line but this guy took the time and let me in. So, to pay it forward I paid for his coffee while paying for mine. Do I think something good is going to happen to me because I did this? No. But hopefully that guy will keep doin' what he's doin'. And to all the people who wouldn't let me in?

Karma's a bitch! ;)

No comments: