Feb 27, 2006

Mom and Me


I just came back from a funeral. A member of my church passed away at the age of 81. She leaves a grieving husband and 5 sons. Not matter how old you are it is never easy to lose your Mom. She was a great lady and will be sorely missed.

As I sat there with my own Mom today I thought about how much I love and admire her. And I want to tell her how much. My Mom is not your average Mom. She is the most caring, kind, loving and compassionate woman. My siblings and I adore her. She has been to hell and back over the last year and a half but she has handled herself with grace and dignity. She has a faith that cannot be shaken and trusts in the Lord. The love we feel for our Mother is unsurpassed. We know how extremely blessed we are to have her.

2 comments:

JanBan said...

I love your Mom, too.

And so does my Dad-- hubba hubba!

So I'm wondering, in light of the on-going 50-year crush, do you think I can be an 'almost' sister?

Pretty please?

Hugs to you & yer Mom,
J.

Joy said...

P.S. to Jan - Kat and I were saying yesterday that your Dad is soooo handsome! :)

P.S. We ARE sisters!