Feb 17, 2006

What A Difference A Day Makes...



It's funny how you can get yourself worked up. My disappointment with Jack put me into a tailspin last night that had me quite upset over, well - everything. Tears came easy over worry about a neighbour's bad health and the pain I feel over losing my brother Vic. I hate the fact that he can't be here to make us smile, make us and laugh and to just to be a part of our family. When I open the flood gates, they go wide open. After a good "don't dare-look-in-the-mirror-at-your-distorted-face" cry I slept like a baby from 7:30 p.m. until 8:30 a.m. this morning. (and I could've slept longer if someone would have let me) The buses were cancelled so Jack and Elle accompanied Juergen and I on our jaunt to Ottawa. Not exactly whate we had in mind but what the heck. A change of scene did me good after a hectic week. We tackled some business, shopped and had lunch at our favourite Thai restaurant.


I want to thank all who replied to yesterday's post. :) How nice to come home today and read those positive thoughts. I do know one thing - my children aren't perfect and they never will be. Yes, boys will be boys....

But I told Jack, there is no such thing as "gently" kicking someone in the shins...

1 comment:

jamie said...

I hear that its actually quite difficult to effectively kick someone gently in the shins.

Anyone can kick shins, its not everyone who can 'gently' kick shins....