Mar 11, 2006

All in a day's work

I got myself up and out of bed, went directly to the kids rooms to get them up for school. Headed into the bathroom and cleaned up the toothpaste mess left from the night before. Scooped all the dirty laundry into the hamper. Got dressed, made my bed, picked more dirty clothes off of the floor. Went back into the kid’s rooms to remind them it’s time to get up. Trip over the vacuum hose on the way downstairs. Start to make coffee but then realize I haven’t cleaned the machine so I start some water in the sink. While I’m at it I clean the kids’ lunch kits that seem to have indescribable smells coming from within. While everything is soaking I head to the front room and turn on the computer. Pick up newspapers scattered on floor. Get mad at computer because it keeps acting up. Head back to kitchen while yelling at the kids to once again hurry up. Sign agendas, check homework. Make breakfast for kids, make lunches, make coffee. Tell kids to hurry up and brush their teeth and get ready to go. Fix hair for both. Kisses goodbye and have a nice day. Close door and lock it! Have shower, try to clean the shower. Give up. Soap scum too tough for me. Read paper, catch up on emails, drink coffee. Do dishes, straighten up kitchen, empty dishwasher. Sweep crumbs from under kids’ seats. Figure I might as well drag the vacuum out while I’m at it. Vacuum kitchen, get carried away and continue through the rest of the house. Head upstairs, take off the sheets on the kids beds and throw a load of laundry in. Fold laundry that’s been in the dryer for 3 days. Put away laundry that has sat at the top of the stairs for 2 days. Have some cereal, peruse paper. Check business phone, return calls. Type two price quotes and fax. Call for WSIB clearance. Open mail. Write cheques. Get bank deposit ready. Check ebay, answer any enquiries, get postage quotes. Head to bank. Wait patiently in line for 8.5 minutes. Do groceries. Pick up a Tim’s coffee, head home. Unpack groceries and put away. Make lunch. Eat while putting the rest of the groceries away. Put roast in oven. Clean dishes and wipe counter. Windex windows. Get exasperated. Give up. Put laundry in the dryer. Swiffer the floor where I can still see dust lingering. Check email again. Try and think about something interesting to blog about. Kids come home, make snacks, help with homework. Finish making the beds with the clean sheets out of the dryer. Call Mom. Set table, finish making supper. Eat. Clean up. Go visit Mom and Dad. Come home, get kids in the bath. Fight with kids to get into bed. Scream, yell, carry-on. Feel bad about it. Try to reason with kids. Make up. Kiss goodnight. Flop on my bed. Turn on boob tube. Veg. Get up. Organize sock and underwear draw again. Swiffer dust under dresser which I can see while I lay on my bed. Lay back on bed. Tell Ellie to get back into hers. Confirm with her that I do in fact have eyes in the back of my head. Answer phone. It’s Juergen asking, “So, what’d you do today?” Answer with big sigh... “Nothin’.”

2 comments:

jamie said...

Holy cow you need a vacation!! I hear Cuba is nice at this time of year....

:-P

Shannon Bieger said...

LOL "nothin'" !! I can't believe you got up to dust under your dresser. You have one of those minds that can't rest huh! ; )