Mar 16, 2006

I Wouldn't Recommend It...

I thought I would surprise the kids yesterday and take them to the matinee showing of The Shaggy Dog. Honestly, I knew we would be a bit late but I figured we'd miss all of the annoying previews. Well, apparently EVERY OTHER MOM in the city had the same idea I did and the theatre was packed. We had to sit in the second row. Let me just say right now that if you want an instantaneous headache this is the row for you. I always wondered how bad those seats were and now I know. Up that close, Tim Allen's coffee cup is approximately the size of my head. Running and action shots are a complete and utter blur. Your neck is kinked from having to bend it back that far. The only good thing about the movie was that I smuggled my large Tim Horton's coffee in my purse without spilling it!

2 comments:

Paul said...

lol ... your blog made me laugh! I ended up watching "Air Force One" that way.. front row, head looking almost straight up, absolutely dizzy!

and the A/C vent was just to our left... I froze my butt off... ( well... it has apparently grown back ) but be that as it may.. movies were not meant to be watched that close!!

Jenny said...

I can't watch a movie that close, I start to feel sick. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who sneaks coffee into the movie theater! (I have a small purse now, so I couldn't sneak my xlarge double cream in!)