Apr 9, 2006

Burger King, Fire Your Ad Agency

Here's another thing I've got to get off my chest...

Is this the WEIRDEST ad campaign, or what?! I don't even know where to start, it's just so wrong in so many ways. A few months back there was a t.v. commercial where the "King" is peering into someone's bedroom window - scary. This has been replaced by the ad running now - a cute couple on a bicycle built-for-two go through a tunnel - when they come out, the girl is gone. The "King" now sits behind the boyfriend and feeds him a Whopper. Big smiles all around - fade to black. I haven't even embellished that and it sounds creepy!

If this is sellin', I think it's time I get back into the ad world...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I hope you don't mind I'm adding you to my links...I read you daily!

JanBan said...

I Know!! I'm so glad it's not just me! I find that mask to be the most frightening thing since the hockey mask guy-- was that in the 'Jason' movies?? That scary smiley face totally freaks me out every time I see a new commercial. I *never* expect it & I think always involuntarily jump & think the Burger King is gonna whip out a huge chef's knife --and not slice up some lettuce for a whopper, if ya know what I mean.

And yeah-- you *do* need to get back in there-- "Who says quitters never win??"

Absolutely brilliant!!

J.

Beth said...

OH man...I totally agree with you on this. I don't like there commercials at all. They are very wierd and creepy. It definately does NOT make me want to eat there. Sometimes me and my husband just look at each other with the look of "what were they thinking"

Jeweliet01 said...

I totally think that king guy is creepy.