Apr 17, 2006

Easter Dinner

Easter dinner was hosted here with everyone bringing a dish. That is such a great idea I think! ;) This was the best ham I have ever eaten! I believe Juergen picked it up at Foods of the World - his favourite store in the GTA region. Below is the apricot cheescake I made. Ellie took one look at it and said "Wow - it's smells better than it looks!" And what is THAT supposed to mean Ellie?

We had quite the crew here - I think 18 people. A good time was had by all. Turned out to be quite a late night with my oldest brother and his family leaving at 1:30 a.m. We had a lot of fun. The kids were up at 7:00 a.m. to find Easter eggs and then we went to church for a beautiful service followed by dinner at my mother-in-law's house. Needless to say we were a very tired bunch last night. Light's out at 10:00 p.m. Snoring by 10:02 p.m. for Juergen.


Mom enjoyed her smorgasboard of grandchildren and hopped like a bunny from seat to seat. It is a mutual admiration society as the pictures show. There's nothing like spending time with family.

2 comments:

melodyunchained said...

Thank you Joy for a wonderful evening, we all had such a great time, and the food was incredible.

Beth said...

Great pictures...looks like a wonderful Easter weekend!!