Apr 27, 2006

Good Day/Bad Day

I truly believe that a good day hinges on the fact of whether or not I make my bed. Yesterday I did not make my bed. Not a good day. Today I did make my bed. Productive day.


I'm sure I have lost my nomination for "Mother of the Year" award. I yelled at the kids so much last night that I made myself horse. Nice. But honestly, did you ever have one of those days? Days where anything and everything make you nuts? Days where you just want peace and quiet and for the life of you, you cannot find it? Thankfully the sun presented itself today, I made my bed and proceeded to have a good day.

I thought I would start dinner early tonight and actually feed the kids something good. So here it is, almost 3:30 and I have mashed potatoes, grilled pork chops and sweet peas on the go. Jack comes into the kitchen, sees all of this is going on and announces "I feel like a peanut butter sandwich." (hmmm, you don't look like one) KIDS!


Wilbur had another bad night last night - up howling at 2:30 a.m. I just throw a pillow over my head and ignore him. He woke me up again at 5:00 a.m. and continued to bark until I arose at 6:30 a.m. Again, all I can say is it's a good thing he's cute.

I broke down and bought Juergen a rather expensive watch from a local jeweller for his big birthday coming up. So expensive that I have to go in and make payments on it! The co-owner is no dummy, she guilted me into it. She reminded me how much Juergen has spent on me over the years :0) I find myself going in once a week, paying her cash - she is much like my jewellery pimp. And I think she quite likes it!

3 comments:

JanBan said...

I rarely make my bed. 'Splains alot, Lucy.

;)

J.

Jenny said...

I have many days like that (unfortunately)!!!

Beth said...

You are not alone...I think everyone has days like this. I had a few myself this past week. My patience level was on empty. But you just move on to better days ahead. Sounds like a yummy dinner to me!!! Hope you have a good weekend!!!