Apr 18, 2006

Oh, Wilbur

It slightly annoys me that I have to follow a puppy around the house anticipating a bowel movement that never seems to present itself when I want it to. I find myself standing on my front step constantly coaxing - "Go poop! Go pee!" If I were Wilbur I'D be annoyed with me. I cannot for the life of me understand why this dog, after three weeks of me dragging him outside every 30 minutes, will just suddenly start peeing under my kitchen table as if that is the most natural thing to do. We start "Puppy Kindergarten" tomorrow night, may the force be with us.

Why is it that every single night my kids seem truly aghast when I announce it's bedtime? I get the same reaction every night... "Jack and Elle - it's bedtime..." Standard response - a whiny and very disappointed "WHHHHAAAAATTTTTT?"

I'm going to get my hair done tomorrow. Perhaps a change is in order? I was trying to grow my hair long but the Gemini in me refuses to comply. I won't know what I am going to do until I sit my butt in the chair. I have the strangest hair. It's fine but there's a lot of it. And it doesn't like to be told what to do. In fact, it has a bit of an attitude - but not in a good way...in a bad, rebellious 2 year-old-way.

It's 9:00 p.m. I'm tired now but won't be at 11:00 when I should be. And then when I have to wake up tomorrow morning I will curse the fact that I didn't go to sleep earlier. Tomorrow night I will do the exact same thing. Funny how that works huh?

2 comments:

Paul said...

I am SO much like that, when it comes to sleep.... I get my second wind just about NOW ( 10:13 pm ) and I'm good to go until 1 or 2.... and then in the morning, I wander around like a drunk man, trying to figure out where I am....

Saturday night, i couldn't keep my head up around 9 pm... I lay down for a few minutes... and the next thing I heard was my phone going off at 10:27... I couldn't even remember what HOUSE I was in! :S yikes

Jenny said...

I've been having trouble sleeping these days as well...
I desperately need a new hairdo...I keep putting it off though.
Good luck with the puppy kindergarten!!