May 22, 2006

Tayler's Big Night



Wow, it's hard to believe that my oldest nephew Tayler is now 18 years old and went to his prom this past Friday. I can still remember him as the cutest little baby. It never ceases to amaze me how time seems to stand still in some ways - and flies in another.


This Victoria Day weekend was terrible weather-wise. Very cold and full of rain. How depressing! Usually it is a weekend where we drag out all of our patio furniture, plant flowers, cut the grass - instead it was a weekend full of laziness. Naps, couch potato marathons full of movie watching, and lots of comfort food. Not a bad trade-off I suppose.

I forgot to mention last week that I was THRILLED the Hippies won the Amazing Race. Kharma baby. Those frat boys were about as shallow as the puddles in my driveway. I guess it cam down to brains in the end and the Hippies sailed through the last task. I liked their energy, their outlook on life and most importantly, the way they treated people they met through the race. They were a class act.

I have to get some cleaning done today - my laundry has found a way to procreate and apparently so have the dust bunnies under my furniture. Have a great holiday Monday!

2 comments:

JanBan said...

Well, I missed the Monday blog on Monday but that's ok. Because it's Tuesday now and I can officially say happy birthday to my bestest friend. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY, gul!

Love you lots. (That's the obligatory mushy birthday part. And you'll notice the 'you'?)

;)

Hope you have a great day,
Jan

JanBan said...

P.S.

Your very handsome nephew reminds me a little of someone... Hm... who could it be??

J.