May 29, 2006

Wilbur is Home!


Today is our 13th wedding anniversary and we couldn't have asked for a better present - Wilbur (aka Hop-A-Long Cassidy) is home safe (but not quite sound!)

They did xrays today and found he did have multiple fractures in his left leg - no surgery needed - just a cast. The interns had fun doing that up. :) Mister Man is very happy to be home - but very whiny too - he would love to stay on my lap if I would let him. I am so thankful he is back!

We were laughing over dinner how different this night was for me and Juergen 13 years ago. I was being treated like a Princess, as any bride should be on her wedding day. Tonight I was sweaty and dirty from holding the dog, serving up pizza to the kids who were rather cranky, listening to Wilbur whimpering that I was ignoring him. How great is that?!! (and for once I am not being sarcastic)

6 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

13 years! Holy crap!
Glad puppy is safe. If it had been Connie's little dog, she;d still be stuck to the tire of the van....

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your dog is OK. Hope you had a nice anniversary.

Sharon said...

I am SO happy to hear my fury nephew is home and didn't require surgery. Big kisses to him from Auntie Sharon!!

And Happy Anniversary to you and Juregen!! Wow 13 years. Funny how things change huh? If you remember I spent my first wedding anniversary in the hospital...mind you I had a beautiful baby boy so it was well worth it. God only knows I may be spending this one in the hospital too!

Jennifer said...

Oh man Joy, I had no idea. Im so sorry about Wilbur! And so relieved to read that he's ok. And so happy to know you're 13 years into marriage and lovin your man so much. Congratulations on a job well done for 13 years! (raising my champagne glass now, cause all celebrations deserve champagne and champagne glasses...well that's what they told me anyway...you gonna take that away from me?? ha ha) Here's to 13 MORE fantastic years with your hunk-a-lovin-man! And here's to Wilburs leg, life and the joy of a blessed family.

diana said...

Sounds like tru wedded bliss to me !
So glad your doggie is gonna make it !

Jenny said...

I am glad to hear your Wilbur is safe and sound at home!!
Happy Belated Anniversary!!