May 5, 2006

Yard Sale Mania

Ahhh, just look at this... A yard saler's dream! They have finally started in full force. I feel like a treasure hunter when I go out, never knowing what oddity I may end up needing, yes - needing. Like last year, on what is known as my best yard sale day EVER, my first stop in the morning was a house about 2 km's away from me. I cautiously walked up the driveway and this item instantly catches my eye. It can't be - CAN IT??? Yes, I think it is! Oh my - IT IS!!!! The holy grail. A vintage Louis Vuitton garment bag. And it's not a fake. She wanted $50.00 but I got her down to $40.00 (it was my first stop after all - I couldn't blow all my money at the first sale) As soon as I came home I looked it up on ebay and was thrilled at it's monetary worth - $800.00-$1,000.00 USD. THAT is why I LOVE yard saling.

Wilbur proving yet again that everything - even zebras, must be bitten. The world is his chew toy. Since Juergen has been back in town he has been getting up at the magical hour of 4:00 a.m. again. Barking like the world has come to an end and we'd better wake up so we can let him chew on it.

Today is the last day for me to tie up any loose strings regarding Juergen's surprise party. Last night he actually had the GALL - the unmitigated nerve to ask me if I was planning a surprise party for him. I was rather harsh and reminded him that I did last LAST year. (on a smaller scale) L'il bugger. Please let this just come to fruition already!

Juergen is working just up the road from us...I can actually see him from the driveway which is cool. I don't know how he's gonna survive that commute! ;)


Well, seeing I have people coming over tomorrow evening I had better finish cleaning this house. It's crunch time - no more excuses for me. I work best under pressure anyway. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Paul said...

you crack me up! I Love that you blog every day..... you put the rest of us to shame....

now for GARAGE SALES .... you need to go to St George, Ontario... on the Long weekend in August... St George is just south of Cambridge... and the ENTIRE town does yardsales that weekend.. Friday night and Saturday are the best deals...
you have to park your car, and just GO... cause the sales are so close together....

it's a dream come true!!

anyway, have a great party tomorrow....