Jun 19, 2006

Free - At Last?





Wilbur is less than thrilled. The cast came off (yay!) but the collar went on. (opposite of yay) You know, the lamp shade thingy. He has some sores on his leg from where the cast was, and isn't supposed to touch them. He has to wear it for ONE WEEK. That's like one solid MONTH in dog years. Never mind dog years, it's FOREVER for me! He's already bumping into every possible table, chair and door. He looks at me with these eyes that seem to say "WWWHHYYYYY Mom? WHY would you do this to me?" As soon as we got home I bathed him. The smell coming from him was so disgusting that Ellie suggested that we buy oxygen masks on the way home. (I'm not kidding, she did)


So I'm gonna do it. I'm going to have a yard sale. But not on Saturday. On Friday. Aren't I clever? I'll get all the die-hard yard-salers and be able to GO yard saling the next morning. My ad will read "Treasures from the attic, antiques, collectibles and some good junk. One day only. Early birds will be shot on site." Catchy, huh?

6 comments:

Carol said...

Try to get some access to a computer after they arrest you to let us know if we need to bail you out! hahaah!

Sharon said...

Oh poor Wilbur...he looks so sad with that cone on his head. And yes it will seem like forever for you..imagine how he feels! Glad to hear the cast is off though. Pretty gross under there huh?

Michelle Romo said...

Poor little guy! He Is sooo adorable! We used to have an Old English Sheepdog when I was a kid. Her name was Brandy and she was the BEST dog we ever owned! I remember brushing her was the biggest pain in the world though ;P Glad to hear he Is doing good though! You guys sure do take good care of your pets, If only more people did! BTW My 4 year old daughter walked by while I was reading your blog and she pointed at your dog and just laughed saying "What Is he wearing on his head?" She wants a dog like yours and I told her "one day!" we already have 2 cats and 5 firebelly toads! Let me just say they are as spoiled as your pets! ;)Take Care Joy!
Your friend, Michelle

FarmgirlCyn said...

Wilbur looks like he has a big halo around his head, kind of like the saints in the catholic church! What a doll face!

Joy said...

Michelle,

FIVE firebelly toads - how cool is that??!! :)

Michelle Romo said...

Yeah we started out with 2 then 4 then 5 Toads! LOL They sure are fun to watch, I just wish I could hold and love on them without hurting them..LOL ;) I put my clubphoto web page on here which has our family pictures on It If you wanted to look at It. Maybe one day I will get a blog of my own, but that requires having a non boring life, well forget that Idea then...;P