Jun 14, 2006

To Run - Or Not To Run

Two friends of mine are presently taking a running course. Why, I don't know. I am not exactly sure what there is to learn in a running class. I figure, you run. The next day you run a little more. The next day you quit. What's to learn about that? Running and jogging equals self-inflicted pain to me. The only time you will see me running is when I see a chandelier in a box at a yard sale. Move out of my way!


We drove by a store called The Running Room last Saturday. First of all, do you have to be a runner to go inside? Can they tell if you're not? Do people jog in place, fingers strategically placed on their pulse points while checking out the merchandise? These are things I wonder about.


It's a beautiful day here today and the Pond Man has arrived. But just to be clear, we are not getting a pond, it's a waterfall. All of the beauty - none of the work! Pics to follow...

6 comments:

Michelle Romo said...

Hello there! I would have to say "To Run!" I LOVE running and have been a runner for about 7 years now and I would have to tell you to try It Out. Once you start you wont be able to quit, It gets pretty addicting quickly.I have to say though that Yes you will inquire pain as most runners do,especially the SHINS! OUCH! LOL Well also just wanted to say that I love your backyard and I wish I had something like It! Very Nice! Your Doggy Is Adorable and glad to see she's feeling better. :)
BTW I am someone who happend to come across your page from a friend of mine's blog and I enjoy your writing very much! :)

Jennifer said...

Oh my word you have me rolling with laughter here! TOOOOOO Funny Joy! Tooo darn funny about that running class! LOVE IT! Jenn

Paul said...

you absolutely CRACK ME UP!!!!

awesome blog!!

melodyunchained said...

too funny!!

FarmgirlCyn said...

I am a runner...however...I don't get that much enjoyment out of it! I run 3-5 days a week, 3 miles each time. I only do it to keep the pounds off. I lost 40# in the last 1 1/2 years by following South Beach way of eating, and running. A RUNNING CLASS??? How funny is that! You lace up your shoes, and run. Class over.

Michelle Romo said...

I used to run 6 to 7 days a week doing 8 miles each day. I realized that was too much, so now I do 6 to 7 days a week at 6 miles each day. BTW Congrats Farmgirlcyn on the weight loss! Wow! I know you say you dont find enjoyment with running, but for me I just absolutly love It..I dunno I just love the way It makes me feel. They call It a 'Runners High'. I have tried others forms of excersise and nothing makes me feel the way running does. Again, Congrats on the weight loss :)