Jul 20, 2006

Guilt-Free Day

I have hereby announced July 20th to be Guilt-Free Day. Wait, make that July 21st -I've already felt guilty of many things today. I'll be guilt-free tomorrow. Guilt is a funny thing, isn't it? It can keep you from ever being happy with yourself.

Sometimes (well, all the time) I feel guilty about my religion. What I could do better as a Christian, how I could better myself as a Christian, how I continually mess up as a Christian. But perfection can never be reached for us so really I shouldn't feel that bad. I guess I strive to be the best I can be and I soooooo know I haven't reached my potential in that direction yet.


Other things I feel guilty about - not being a better Mom. Y'know, the kind who do it all in a day - start the day off with a smile and a warm breakfast, bake cookies, do interesting things with their kids, teach their kids, spend oodles of time with their kids. Ugh. I really need to put myself in the mind set of my kids and just have fun sometimes. I should also be a better Dog Mom and take Wilbur on daily walks - the problem is I think my arm would be totally dislocated if I did that. (see how I just justified that?)


So tomorrow I will wake up whenever I want and not feel the slightest bit guilty about it. I will feel guilt over nothing. And then I'll probably end up feeling guilty that I don't feel guilty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»