Jul 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mother's birthday. Please don't be jealous because I have the best mother in the world. Really. Often people will say to me "Oh I just love your Mom" or "You're Mom is so sweet"...I can't help it but I have to agree! She simply IS the sweetest Mom!


I could stand to learn a few things from her including patience. Mom's favorite story to tell is the time where the kids and I came over for a visit and I had been very cross with Jack in the car on the ride over. Of course she took Jack in her arms and talked to him with a soothing tone to undermine, woops, I mean explain my actions. In the end though she told him he must listen to me and that I was the boss. His reply? He looked up at her with his big brown eyes and cried "But Beppe, you don't understand. She's pretty ... but she's MEAN!

5 comments:

mom of 2 said...

That is such a cute story! I just love the things kids say!!

jamie said...

Happy Birthday Auntie Cake!!! (from the most favorite nephew in Iowa...)

Sharon said...

Happy B-Day Mom!! Hope you had a wonderful day. And yes you are such a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»