Jul 30, 2006

Men

This is an excerpt from an email my friend sent me:

1. Men are like Laxatives ...... They irritate the crap out of you.
2. Men are like Weather ..... Nothing can be done to change them.
3. Men are like Blenders ...... You need one, but you're not quite sure why.
4. Men are like Commercials ....... You can't believe a word they say.
5. Men are like Government Bonds .... They take soooooooo long to mature.
7. Men are like Mascara ...... They usually run at the first sign of emotion.
8. Men are like Popcorn ..... They satisfy you, but only for a little while.


I was having a discussion with a very opinionated person the other day about gay men. This person (male) was saying something derogatory and I guess I tuned out because when I hear something I don't agree with, I usually do this. All I know was it was something negative. Here's my take. Gay men make the best friend a woman could ever have. I know because I am friends with one. Let's call him Fabio for fun. No, let's call him Marc because that's his real name. Marc is hilarious, true to himself and just overall fabulous. He totally cracks me up. When you are friends with a gay man you never have to worry about him trying to pick you up. When he tells you that your skirt is too short - he actually means your skirt is too short. He will actually listen to your problems with great intent and offer you sound advice. Not to stereotype, but Marc knows fashion. How cool is that? He will tell you what looks good on you and what should be burned. Like a true girlfriend, no topic is off limits and everything goes in the "vault". Every girl should have a friend like Marc...


Hubby and I watched "Into the Blue" last night. Ummm, may I just say that "Mr. Fast and Furious" is a delight on the eyes? Might I also say that Jessica Alba should not be able to look THAT GOOD in a bikini? At the end of the movie when the credits are rolling it stated that there is over 30 BILLION dollars of treasure waiting to be found in the world's oceans....


Juergen and I would like to take this opportunity to tell everyone that we are selling everything we own, packin' up and moving to the Bahamas. Now excuse me while I go find my snorkelling gear....

4 comments:

mom of 2 said...

First let me say that I LOVE the deep thoughts...HILARIOUS!!!!! I am a fan of off color or dark humor! And the men list also hilarious! I've never had a gay friend, but it sounds great! That is the thing with guys...you pretty much know where you stand with them at all times. Women like to pretend they are your friend then say mean things about you behind your back. I can't stand girl drama!! That's my new mission in life...find myself a gay guy to befriend!!

Enjoy the Bahamas...and tell us about all the treasure you find!!

Joy said...

Yes, I forgot to mention that very important part - you always know where you stand!! :)

Tim Bailey said...

Since we're talking about male stereotypes,
here's another one:

Men are like ATM's.....um....they just are.

:)

jamie said...

men can also open pickle jars.