Jul 19, 2006

Oh Come On!

It has come to my attention that I may be a bit naive. Or "not cynical" as I like to call it. For intance, I don't think Oprah is gay. I just heard that rumour and I think it must be a slow day in the celebrity rags if that one's going around. I guess they're tired of trying to find and photograph Baby Suri Holmes-Cruise that they've decided Oprah is gay now. However, I must admit that when I found out Rosie was gay I was surprised. (I think Connie and I were the only ones) I thought she was in love with Tom Cruise and didn't realize you could be gay and adore Tom Cruise at the same time. In fact, to tell the truth, I still don't understand that one.


My cousin Tim, his wife Connie and their 3 kids have left us to go to Quebec for two days. They have been gone for 3 hours now and Jack, Ellie and I are lost. We're bored out of our minds. (Oh, and Wilbur too) We literally don't know what to do with ourselves. We're pathetic.


And in other important news - the volume controller on our t.v. remote is broken. Do you know how frustrating that is? Not being able to mute the commercials that constantly talk down to us? I fear I may go out of my mind. Actually getting up off of my way-too-comfortable-couch is just more than I can bear. So like my Dad before me, I yell at the kids to do it. So far it's working out great.

6 comments:

Michelle Romo said...

You are too funny Joy! I agree that the Media folks have nothing else to grab onto so they choose to call Oprah gay. I love Rosie O Donnell and I actually wasn't shocked when she spoke about her alternative lifestyle. I hate when that happens with the remote! Are you a fan of Big Brother? I Love that show! I am a fan of Reality Tv In General. Not all of It, but most of It. I Tivo alot of It.Thank Goodness for Tivo or I wouldn't be able to watch most of it! I Love how your blogs touch on diffent subjects. Some blogs I read are boring and seem to be made up, but yours are so down to earth and fun to read. Keep up the good work Girl! :)

Joy said...

Thanks Michelle. It's official - you are my new best friend.

:)

P.S. If I were so lucky to have TIVO I might self implode!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»