Jul 4, 2006

Wilbur and My Last Nerve


Wilbur and I started Obedience Training last night. I figured we may as well stay on task with the training thing in hopes that he will learn some good manners. Shannon, the instructor, informed us that all of our dogs are now "teenagers" with regards to their age and that this will be the most trying time - referring to chewing and bad behaviour. Yes. This is true. Wilbur's favorite new thing to do is jump up and steal the toilet paper and then litter the ENTIRE HOUSE with it's remains. Do you know how long it takes to pick up a million pieces of shredded toilet paper? Wilbur has also taken to jumping up on counters, furniture, cupboards, etc. to see what he can see. Which brings me to the very, VERY BAD THING he did this morning. My dear, sweet, loving husband always brings me a Tim Horton's coffee in the morning, and usually sets it on the stove. This fine morning however, he placed it on the table by the door. Can you see where this is going? The travesty of it all! Yes, Wilbur helped himself to my coffee this morning. Bugger! He spilled the entire thing on the floor and then licked up the evidence. All I found was a wet spot on the corner of the carpet and a forlorn discarded lid. I was not impressed. After that I found another nice surprise from Wilbur by the door. I'll let you guess what that was. So needless to say I woke up a very cranky girl this morning - with (still) burning hands!

As for Obedience Class, Wilbur is already proving to be the class clown who doesn't take anything seriously and who would rather sniff other dog's butts than do a sit-stay command. He is not interested in listening to his teacher. His long, messy hair that falls over his eyes and his cool attitude gives the impression that he's really just thinking of when he can sneak out back to grab a smoke.

Yes, he's a teenager. And a bad one at that.

6 comments:

Goldwings said...

It's a good thing he's cute!!!

I had a cat that did the toilet paper throughout the house stunt. It got to the point that we had to close the bathroom door whenever we left the house or else Rascal would have it strewn all over the place by the time we got home.

It was a much easier solution than trying to train a cat!!!

Paul said...

oh mannnnnnn.... cute schmute.... I am too old to be patient with animals anymore....

glad it's you and not me!!

I will pray for patience for you though!!

jamie said...

no comment, other than....and I repeat....

"Don't let the dadgum dog in the house and none of this stuff happens"

Never had any of these mishaps with our puppy....house is pristine....well as pristine as it can be when my wife's been away for a week.

:-)

SoCalGal said...

Oh my gosh, Wilbur has GOT to be one of the most adorable poochies!!! Reminds me of the dog from "Please Don't Eat the Daisies". (showing my age!) My big goofball, Rudy, was a shelter rescue and came to me with SERIOUS separation anxiety, so I can relate to the destruction our 4-footed friends can do...good luck! :)

Sharon said...

Wilbur and Stella would get along SO well! They could probably demolish a house in seconds! Just imagine when Jack and Ellie are teenagers what they're going to do....wait a minute I'm the one that's going to have TWO teenage boys! Yikes!

diana said...

thank gawd he is just about the cutest doggie ya ever did see.... best of luck girl !!