Aug 28, 2006

And The Emmy Goes To....

Who cares, really?

I have to laugh at the seriousness that these award shows try to have on us, the 'whocareswhowins' public. The only show I actually cared about winning a gold statuette was Grey's Anatomy but not the way you think. I am thankful they didn't win. Why? Well, I triple love this show and want it to go on forever -just the way it is. With snappy writing and actors who are genuinely happy to just have a job. Win the Emmy and these actors will inevitably get big heads, demand more money, stall the show due to contract negotiations, the writers will give the more petulant actors bad lines because of this ... do you see where I'm going? Don't win the Emmy and everybody wins. You get a show where the writers and the actors will try harder, they will be the best that they can be with the purest of intentions. Well, the purest intention of trying to win the Emmy next year I guess...

1 comment:

mom of 2 said...

I used to watch award shows, but I actually cannot stand them anymore! It's like "oh look at me, I'm a big star and now I've won an award"...blah blah blah!! How much can these people actually pat themselves on the back? The only reason I might watch anything related to award shows is if it's one of those shows that has the best and worst dressed...I do enjoy seeing that part!