Aug 13, 2006

Goodness Snakes Alive!

Today was a HORRIFIC day for me. Absolutely horrific! The grass is rather long on the one side of our house due to the brickwork going on so like the good mother I am, I sent Jack in there to fish out the hose. Jack has told me that twice now he has seen a snake in that area so there was no way I was going anywhere NEAR there. You have to understand my hatred of snakes. I loathe them. I would rather kiss a rat on the mouth than be near a snake. They affect me physically and emotionally. I could ramble on and on here and still not effectively convey how much I hate snakes. Anyway, while I waited for Jack I picked up the kids' Homer Simpson pool chair which had been sitting in the same spot for the entire summer. (it's half deflated and therefore the kids no longer use it) When I lifted it up to my HORROR there were snakes under there who were about as happy to see me as I was to see them. Snakes. AS IN PLURAL! Time stood still in that moment where I felt such terror I thought I would be the first person to actually die from just SEEING snakes. There were three to be exact but to me it was like I was Indiana Jones in the snake pit. Three - three thousand - makes no difference to me. I hightailed it out of there screaming all the way into the house and somehow Juergen and Jack knew exactly what had just happened. They know my snake scream. They will have nightmares tonight over my snake scream. (once you've heard it, it's something that stays with you a long time)


My question is now, how do you get rid of snakes? Have mice? Get a cat. Have ants? Get ant traps. Have snakes? ...??? Pack your bags and move out of town. It's as simple as that.

6 comments:

mom of 2 said...

We live near a small creek and some wooded areas and we get snakes, too. My husband and Emily actually like the snakes though and enjoy catching them. I, on the other hand, do not!!! They usually catch them and take them back over to the creek area. Other than killing them (which is not an option to my daughter) I don't have any advice for you...sorry!!

Jenny said...

Move? Just joking. I am terrified of snakes as well. There must be some sort of snake traps.

Goldwings said...

You have my deepest sympathies...I hate snakes just as much as you do. I'm so bad, I can't even cope with watching a snake on TV!

Good luck getting rid of those "wretched things"!

Connie said...

Ever thought of a mongoose?

Paul said...

Call that Aussie Crocodile Hunter.... you might even get on TV!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

ICK ICK ICK .. OMG I hear you on the snakes. They paralyze me with fear so I know what you're feeling. OH MAN.. I am nauseous just thinking about finding 3 snakes in my backyard!!!!

Poor you!!!!