Aug 19, 2006

A Job Well Done

The other day I cleaned. And I mean cleaned. I worked from 10:00 a.m. til 4:30 p.m. straight. Every now and again I do this sort of crazed thorough purifying just to see how long it will last. (and it ain't long I tell ya) The Gemini in me felt the furniture needed to be changed around so I did that too. I guess that's the only way to get to the dirt that isn't hurting anyone but yet is still there. So it's been two days since the "purification" and I am top of it like a mosquito to a plump vein. I might even tackle the upstairs today. But how long will this clean last? When does the slip begin to happen? You can feel it when it starts. It's inevitable. Things get left out ... the dust sits for too long ... the dishes pile up. That's when you either jump on it or you get in the car and go for an ice cream. For now though, I will be the domestic goddess extrodinaire that I claim to be. I will gleefully throw myself on the couch and revel in the fact that my house is clean. I will hope that someone comes to visit and leaves with the impression "Wow, she really keeps a clean house." (HAH!) But no. Visitors only come when I'm in my grubbies, unshowered, dishes piled high in the sink, Wilbur's chew toys strewn all over the floor, and dust bunnies the size of my fist are billowing from room to room. That's life I guess.


I'm hoppin' in the shower. Fingers crossed someone drops in today...

4 comments:

mom of 2 said...

I do the same thing, but I can never seem to keep it up for more than a week or so. I have a friend who cleans for the better part of the day every single day...she doesn't sit down all day long. I, on the other hand, enjoy sitting all day long...guess that's just how I am. I don't think I could ever be like that...I enjoy doing nothing waaaayyy too much!!!!

Chunks said...

I do exactly the same thing too! Company NEVER shows up unless the kids have been home for a week, hubby's been on nights and I've been sitting on my duff. The minute it is clean though, no one comes. Murphy's law of housecleaning, I guess!

Jenny said...

My house always looks tidy, but clean...no way. The other night when Scott and I were watching TV in our bedroom I saw something scurry across the floor. I thought that was an odd looking thing. The window had been opened and blown a dust ball the size of a 5 pin bowling ball across the room.
Like I said, I'm not very clean. But I always get the comment, "oh you're house is so clean!" Which I just smile and try not to draw attention to the cobwebs or dust bunnies lurking ever so close.

Sharon said...

That's funny...Jacob had a play date yesterday and the girls were commenting on how clean my house always is...yeah that's b/c when I know they're coming I clean for 3 days straight, light some candles and take a shower. Did they honestly think that my house is always that clean AND I manage to shower as well? What are they thinking?