Aug 11, 2006

Just a Quickie...

Wilbur has gone in for the dreaded "snip-snip" as I like to call it - that sounds so much better then CASTRATION, doesn't it? I am hoping this may calm him down a bit. Even though I have that dog in obedience class he seems as though he is slipping back into some bad habits. Like jumping. When he jumps he's as tall as me. Last night when I came in the door he almost dropped-kicked me!

We brought him in early this morning and came home to a very quiet house. Wilbur makes this house a home - he adds a special energy to it. While he may not be here annoying me by chewing on toilet paper, jumping up on the counters, stealing shoes, generally getting into trouble ... we miss him dearly. Although going to the vet has generally NOT been a fun experience for him over the past couple of months, he was still happy to go. Just clueless! Every day is a party for Wilbur - even the day where he will lose his manhood. ;)

Below is a video of Wilbur drinking water from the hose - it's almost as if he's munching on a cob of corn....

6 comments:

mom of 2 said...

He is such a cute dog!! We got our first dog right before we got married, then a couple of months ago we had to put him to sleep (he was 12). Within a day or 2 we realized that our house just wasn't the same without a dog. We found Mattie pretty quick after that and adopted her. She had some obedience issues, too. We started watching the Dog Whisperer and bought his book and it has been amazing! She listens and is a very obedient dog!

Carol said...

You do NOT help my resolve to be pet free!!!! We have been without a dog in our home for nearly 3 years and we are living dog hair free! But I miss the company and fun of a pet! Still waffling!

FarmgirlCyn said...

This may or may not help with the jumping up on you: when we had our Golden, Beau, in obedience classes, he was always jumping. Teacher suggested having an empty, capless, 2 liter pop container handy, and clunk him over the head with it. It is painless, but makes a crunchy, icky sound. Works every time. We have one by the front door when we are expecting company, and a quick bop on the noggin usually gets his attention. He is a much better non-jumper now. However, show him an open door, and he is out like a flash, no turning back. (except to maybe give us "the finger"!!! just kidding) He comes back when he is exhausted.

Jenny said...

As you know, I just adore your dog!!!!

Chunks said...

As the owner of two four-legged former men, I know all about the empty feeling when they are at the vet. I hope it works to slow Wilbur down, but it didn't do a thing for my Taz, he was back to his shenanigans the same day! Neither of my dogs would ever drink from a hose though, that is adorable!

JoeyfromSC said...

Joy-I got your addy from the Rossblog! I was the "Joey" that was away for 3 months..LMAO...I LOVE your blog! Your dog is sooo adorable and I really enjoyed the video of him drinking from the hose..It was like he thought it was corn on the cob..hehe
Hope to talk to you in Rosschat sometime! JOEY