Aug 23, 2006

My Name is Wilbur and I'm....



an annoying dog.

Wilbur has graduated from his second Obedience Class. I have decided not to enroll him in the next because a) I am broke and b) I am lazy. I might put him in agility training in the Fall because there's nothing better than having an agile dog who's running through your house like it's an obstacle course . So Wilbur has learned all of the essentials he's gonna learn. Sit. Stay. Down. But he hasn't learned NOT to jump up on people when they come through the door. Or to keep his nose out of the garbage. Shannon the "instructor extraordinaire" suggested I borrow her citronella collar. Have you heard of these things? A collar you put on your dog which has a remote. When the dog does an unwanted action you press the remote and citronella sprays up into their face. It's actually quite funny to see and hard not to laugh when it happens. Wilbur is all "Hey! Huh? What in the heck was THAT? The question is, will he be smart enough to equate that: putting his nose into the garbage + a yucky spray into the area of his face = not a good idea. We shall soon see.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I've never heard or seen those collars! Cool!
BTW, is that a sunroom Wilbur is sitting in? It looks beautiful!!!

diana said...

Joy... I so enjoy your writing... it always makes me laugh... thank god that wilbur is so dang cute !

mom of 2 said...

I showed hubby pics of Wilbur and he even thinks Wilbur is one of the cutest dogs every!!