Sep 25, 2006

It's A Dog's Life

My sister and I decided to take our dogs for a walk in the park yesterday. ...and I thought Wilbur was hyper! Melody's dog "Ginger" aka "GINGER MARY LOUISE!" when she's doing something wrong - is THE most hyper dog I have ever met. She is A.D.D. Attention Deficit Dog. She makes Wilbur look like he's pushing 12 years old and has rheumatoid arthritis throughout his entire body. They ran, she swam, they tired themselves out which is all we really wanted. Well, to tell you the truth, I don't think Ginger was in any way tired out. The dog runs on batteries. With back-up.


I have been playing an Eagles cd so much lately that Wilbur thinks it is part of our decor. The other day I popped in a mixed cd and he went nuts. Didn't know where it was coming from. Horns, voices, drums - oh my! He followed me upstairs and stood watch at the landing. I thought - what a great watch dog he will be! I hopped into the shower and he was still freaked out by the noises coming from downstairs. He quicky ran and sat in front of the shower. Wow, REALLY great watchdog - he's going to protect me for sure. Then I realized he was not being a wonderful guard dog. He was afraid and thought that if anyone came up the stairs Mom would protect HIM. Not the other way around!


Of course they had to have another cruise line death feaured on 48 Hours Mystery the other night. Why? Because we're going on a cruise and they have to scare the living bejeezis out of me. Here are the facts: I have learned NOT to go back to my cabin alone and NOT to mistake Methadone as NyQuil. I think I should be o.k.

4 comments:

mom of 2 said...

Our friend's dog is like that. Poor Mattie will be all tired out and laying down taking a rest and Scout will come over and just badger her with nudges and nips till she gets up and goes to play again.

About the cruse ship thing...I'm sure you'll be fine!! and do share some pictures when you get back!

Paul said...

you make me laugh!!!

Chunks said...

My dog has ADD too, so I can totally relate! He usually peters out about halfway through a big walk but oh if there are dogs around, he acts like such a psyche case!!

The Cruise will be fine! If news shows would focus on reporting actual NEWS instead of trying to scare everyone, the world would be a better place!

SoCalMuchacha said...

Love you Wilbur! :)