Sep 19, 2006

Wake Me Up When September Ends...

thejoyof hasn't been so joyful lately. Hence, the crappy, short posts. Sorry about that...

Last week my lap top crashed. I tried to download a new version of Quicktime and I lost everything. Back to factory settings. And little did I knew that Gateway was so cheap that they didn't have a 1-800 number to help me out. So I had to pay to be on hold with a technician from B.C. Lovely. Spent a half hour on the phone to learn that I did indeed severely screw up my computer and there was nothing-I-could-do-about-it. Except go back to factory settings, that is. Both of my computers are giving me such trouble lately that I have been reminiscing of what life was like before I sold my soul and got connected to the information super highway.

Ellie came home with grade 3 math homework last week that had both Juergen and I scratching our heads. We could not for the life of us figure it out. Grade 3! What has happened to our school system that a 50 year old man, who constantly touts himself as a math wizard, cannot help his 8 year old daughter with her math? I don't know but it made me smile a little actually...

My parents' house got broken into last week - in broad daylight. Thank goodness Mom wasn't having her nap as she would have been awoken by this hooded hooligan going through her drawers. He went through the whole house and made the biggest mess in their bedroom, finding no cash. The police say this is the new criminal. They rob houses in the afternoon. They must have kids at home they need to help with their math homework in the evenings...

4 comments:

mom of 2 said...

Sorry to hear about your parents house...that must be awful!! And sorry about your computer...I am technologically handicapped so I feel for you!!!

My daughter is in 3rd grade and she brought home science homework the other night that had me stumped. I actually remembered some of it, but not from 3rd grade...I remembered it from physics class in college. I remember it so well because I sucked so badly at it that I had to drop the course...poor Emily!

Chunks said...

My daughter, who is in grade six had math homework yesterday. She said she would need her dad to help. Oh oh. I looked at it and managed to explain it to her. We were both RELIEVED that I could help, and SURPRISED!

I feel bad for your parents, you feel so violated when you are broken into! There has been four armed robberies in our small city lately, which is terrifying. What is this world coming to?!

Cheer up. Survivor is on in two days!

SoCalMuchacha said...

Oh does this ever speak to me, kiddo! One of the teaching credential courses I'm taking right now is MATHEMATICS! LOL Honestly, around here it seems each district has a different math program, and sometimes within each district they do...hard to keep up!

Sorry to read about your parents' house. I know how violated I felt when someone broke into my car years ago, so I can only imagine how it must feel to know someoen was in your own home...hope your parents are doing okay.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joy, what do you mean by no cash? 40 Euro dollars, 40 US dollars, a two dollar bill I was saving and two one dollar bills! Thank you bloggers for your concern, we are all right but now lock our doors, even if we are next door. Your loving Mommy Kay