Oct 12, 2006

You Snooze You Lose?

I have a love/hate relationship with my snooze button. I am thankful for it yet loathe it at the very same time. When my alarm goes off I gleefully pound that snooze button and plop my head back on my pillow. When it goes off the second and third times (I know, I'm sick) it annoys the hell out of me. I don't wake up happy and wanting to get out of bed. I wake up tired! Wanting to stay IN my bed...with the nice, warm flannel sheets ... cold, plump feather pillows. I don't understand people who wake up on the first alarm, get up, stretch their arms up over their head and greet the morning with a smile. Bah humbug!

So I went for an x-ray at the hospial yesterday. This inquistive older man in line asked me why I was there - what was I having done and why - and was I pregnant? So everyone in the place knew exactly what was going on with 'lil 'ol me because I am too polite to say "None of your business!". My hip has been bothering me for close to a year now with flare-ups and the doctor thinks I may have osteoarthritis. Lucky me - it runs in the family.

The forecast here is rain, sprinkled with rain, on top of more rain. Wilbur is out-of-his-mind bored so I thought I would take home for a quick walk this morning. Of course it started to POUR and we had to run home. Now he is still bored and totally wet. NOT a good combination. I think it's going to be a long Fall....

2 comments:

mom of 2 said...

I don't wake up happy and chipper either...I just wake up sort of unwillingly because I know I have to wake up and get out of my soft warm bed. I could probably sleep until 9 or 10 every day if I was allowed to!

Chunks said...

I'm a snooze button hitter. Sometimes I am a rip the alarm clock from the wall and punch it in the head person too. It all depends on what time of the month it is! hhaa!