Nov 22, 2006

The Whole World Has Gone Mad!

I hate ironing. I try to stay away from clothes that need it as I feel it is a rather tortuous chore. In this day and age why can't we invent a nice, crisp, cotton or linen shirt that doesn't need to be ironed? I have been ironing my life away because unlike the other vacations we have been on, going on a cruise means you have to dress up. And that means dress shirts. Lots of 'em. But I'm not complaining!!


I was absolutely sickened by Michael Richard's racist rant after he was heckled on stage at a comedy club. The guy is clearly over the edge and needs help. It always amazes me when during the obligatory apology these type of people add "And I'm not even a racist..." Umm, YEAH YOU ARE!


Another funny little story in the (fake) news is the tiff that Kelly Ripa and Rosie O'Donnell are currently in. Over Clay Aiken! You just can't make this stuff up! Here's the story: Clay was filling in for an MIA Regis. During an interview Aiken put his hand over Ripa's mouth so he could interject(INTERRUPT)with a question. "Oh, that's a no-no," Ripa said, adding, "I don't know where that hand's been, honey!" Seeing Clay was being a tad on the annoying side, I don't blame her. Well, Rosie 'O thought that comment was a little homophobic on Kelly's part. (gimme a break) Kelly shot back with "It's cold and flu season and he shook hands with everyone in the audience." She also went on to say that he acted very inappropriately and that she would never place her hands over someone's mouth - not even to be funny. Which makes perfect sense...until you see this picture:


2 comments:

FarmgirlCyn said...

TOO funny!!! Where do you find this stuff???
Seriously, Joy, when I am in need of a good laugh, I turn to your blog! May you and yours have the most blessed of Thanksgivings!

Chunks said...

I thought the whole Rosie/Pippa/Clay thing was nuts! I think Kelly was right, I don't think he should have done that to someone he barely knows. Kelly and Reege have been together for years. I thought Ro (of whom I am a huge fan) was WAAAAY out to lunch on the whole homophobic thing. One, Clay has never come out and two, Pippa touches gays all the time!

It was fun to watch while it lasted! Do you go to perezhilton.com? It's a guilty pleasure of mine.