Dec 30, 2006

Lifesavers, You Suck!

I remember always getting a Lifesavers Storybook tucked into my stocking at Christmas. What a treat to open it up and look at all of those rolls, just waiting to provide a tummy ache. Both sides full - with lots of flavours to choose from. I could never choose between Butterscotch and Rum Butter.


And then they screwed it up somewhere down the line. They got money-hungry and decided to change the open book dramatically. Now when you open it you see nothing but an actual story - jeez! You have to peek into the sides to see three pathetic rolls, held in by cardboard where the other 2 rolls used to be. The price seems to have remained the same funnily enough.


Some things should never be tinkered with - and the Lifesavers Storybook was one of these things! So concludes my last rant for 2006...



Happy New Year Blog Buddies!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH joy me too! loved those books I always got one and you aint kidding I echo your sentiments Now THEY SUCK! shame on them! I'll never buy another! happy new year to you too!
amy
one blue egg

Chunks said...

Same story (book fiasco) here too! Lifesavers used to rock the Christmas, now they are just a sad reminder of what life used to be like. We should write them and complain. We really should.

SoCalMuchacha said...

Ahhh, the Lifesavers memories! :) Mom would let us open ONE gift on Christmas Eve, and she'd always have the Lifesavers book for us that night, too! Couldn't find any this year to buy for my nephews, but from what you're posting it sounds like it wouldn't have been worth it anyway. :(

Happy New Year, everyone! :)

mom of 2 said...

Ok, that totally sucks! I haven't actually seen one of those since I was a kid as I also got one in my stocking every year.

Happy new year!

Jenny said...

I totally agree with the lifesavers!! We should start a campaign...
Happy New Year to you and yours!!

claudemarie said...

If anything they have gotten more expensive hehe. At least here on the left coast. I totally agree: They cheaped out and they suck for doing it!

Anonymous said...

I completely agree! I've been looking everywhere this year for the original storybook and finally realized after every store I went to had this same thing, that it's been changed. Bring back the original!! Happy Holidays!

Rissa said...

I completely agree! It's been one of my favorite things every since I could remember! It was one of the few christmas traditions I cherish. I'll never buy another one... getting rid of the butter-rum was the last straw. There is nothing special about these story books any longer. HUGE disapointment! If I can find any way to complain to wrigly, I will.

Happy Holidays!

Shannon H. said...

Go To Wrigley's website and leave a message about how badly they messed up the storybooks! I just left a message saying how horrible it was of them to take away the butter rum (and the wild berry!) I also really hate the boring story now- the games were so much more fun!