Dec 11, 2006

Sicker. Than. A. Dog.

Yes, I guess I had SUCH a great time on the cruise that I had to pay for it. For exactly how long I was on said ship. One week.

The dizziness (which still remains somewhat) calmed down a bit until last Wednesday evening when my ever-so-kind husband brought me home a nasty communicable disease - no, not what you're thinking - a BAD COLD. BAD! NASTY!

So I went from being pampered and lavished to laying in bed, coughing and hacking, and just being generally miserable. Thank goodness I called my doctor and convinced her to prescribe me an antibiotic over the phone which sped up my recovery. At one point I coughed up a lung and it threw on a coat, went down to the local pub and medicated itself with a bottle of Jack Daniel's and a pack of filter-less smokes...or at least that's what it felt like the next morning in my chest.

Now, I have been lucky as I haven't had a cold in over 2 years. And it could have been worse - I could have had this while I was on vacation - or I could be battling it December 25th. I am a little behind the eight ball with Christmas decorations and shopping but I am not going to stress out over it. There's something about lying in bed for a week that puts it all into perspective.

There was ony one pressure I felt and that was to feel better before my nephew's baptism on Sunday. Juergen and I were chosen to be Joshua's Godparents and we couldn't have been more thrilled. He is such a cutie-patootie and he was so good throughout the service - amusing us with his coo-ing and smiles. That was the best medicine! I will add a pic when his Momma sends me one. (hint,hint Sharon?!!)

So finally today I feel better but Miss Ellie says she doesn't - so she is home from school watching the most annoying Cinderella movie ever - the one where she continually breaks out into song. Ugh.

Shopping will have to wait for another day I guess. That's o.k. I've always said I work better when I'm under presuure. Sick freak that I am....

3 comments:

SoCalMuchacha said...

Am SOOOO glad you responded to the invite to the other blog so I could find my way back to this one! Had computer issues so had to send it back to HP where they ended up replacing the hard drive (among other things...ARGH!) which meant I lost a ton of stuff...your link included. Phew, now that I have it back, all is right with the world. ;)

Enjoyed catching up on your posts, but am bummed I can't see the cruise pics for some reason...can see other pics on your page though...weird, eh? Hope everyone feels better soon, and that the viewing of that Cinderella movie doesn't reach the 100 mark. Trust me, have been down the annoying movie road with my nephews...can you say "Get this Thomas the Tank Engine theme music OUT OF MY HEAD!"??? ;)

Chunks said...

Feel better soon! It's like you have travel karma or something, like you have to suffer because you had a good time. Crazy!

FarmgirlCyn said...

Pressure around here is exactly what gets me going! (and I am certainly feeling it this year!)
Glad to hear you are finally feeling better.