Jan 25, 2007

Birthday Cards for Shane

Please read this.

To paraphrase, this is the story of Shane, a soon to be 8 year old - battling Leukemia at CHEO Hospital in Ottawa. You can join Shane's battle with a simple birthday card. It may seem like an overly-simplistic gesture, but to Shane, it would mean the world. Shane wants to beat the world record of getting the most birthday cards ever. All it will cost you is a birthday card and a stamp. :)




This story is now making headlines around the world. I'd love it if anyone reading this could help him reach his goal! His birthday is not until May so there's still plenty of time. The address to send cards is:

SHANE
C/O KISS FM
2001 Thurston Dr.
Ottawa ON, K1G 6C9

6 comments:

cityfarmer said...

What a cutie!!!!!
I'm believing for a miracle.

oneblueegg said...

oh gosh how cute he is! Thanks for letting me know about this JOy!

Anonymous said...

I will absolutely send in a card!

Melody said...

Go Shane!

Anonymous said...

I heard about this child too - prayers for him & his family...

Anonymous said...

My card is on the way along with prayers for Shane's recovery. Let's make this birthday dream of Shane come true!
Mommy Kay