Jan 23, 2007

Cheaters, Yeast, Nightmares and Oscar

How's that for a title? Now that I have your attention...


Putz! You were married to the most popular super-model of all time and you cheat on her??? Some men are never satisfied. O.K. Just had to get that off my chest...

Now, on to bigger and better things. I have finally mastered yeast! It's not what you think...I have had a hankering for cinnamon buns lately but there is no "Cinnabon" around here. What's a girl to do? Well, I 'googled' a recipe for it! I just hate baking with yeast because it really has a mind of it's own and it never seems to cooperate with me. Until yesterday. And oh, baby, was it worth it! I made a pan full of ooey-gooey, hot cinnamon buns that were oozing with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon - all caramelized and delish - and then I topped them off with a cream cheese icing. The yeast finally worked for me and I couldn't have been more thrilled. Problem is, they are all gone. Gotta make another batch.

I woke up MORTIFIED this morning. Why? Because right before I woke up I had a dream (nightmare, rather) that I was kissing Donald Trump! Yuck x's a billion! x's infinity!! That is not a nice way to wake up I tell ya. I don't know how his wife does it, all I know is if he worked as a greeter at Walmart he wouldn't be married to a woman who looked like that.


I was pleased to hear that my hometown native Ryan Gosling scored an Oscar nod this year. He was born in London, Ontario but spent many years going to school here. I actually saw him and his buddy a few years back at our local Goodwill store, I think they were looking for vintage clothing. I love the fact that he and fellow Canadian Rachel McAdams are a two-some. A true Canadian likes to keep it real - and find love with someone they know is a kindred Canuck - I mean, spirit. Go Ryan!

1 comment:

FarmgirlCyn said...

Putz is right...big weenie...and I don't mean that in a nice way!!!