Jan 3, 2007

Double Oh 7!

I don't know why I was so happy to see 2006 over with but I was. Perhaps it's because 7 is my lucky number. All good things for 2007. Shit, now I think I've jinxed it. Nix that.


I am anxiously awaiting my new computer. It's been approximately 8 years since my last desk top and the old one was failing miserably. Hubby finally gave into my desperate cries and now I await the call to pick up this new gem. Nothing fancy - just more space, a flat screen and a dvd burner which I have never had. My old computer wouldn't even let me watch videos on YouTube - and we all know how important THAT is.

It's been rather blissful here with no school for the kids (more importantly, no homework) no early wake up calls (it's official, we are all lazy pigs now) and lots of cuddling on the couch watching t.v. Next Monday morning is going to pretty ugly I tell ya! I can just see the looks on the kids faces when I wake them up at the ungodly hour of 7:00 a.m.

The Tassimo machine was a BIG hit. It's brilliant this machine! Fresh cappuccinos whenever our heart desires! Yum. One negative though - they don't include any coffee with it. Being the pessimist that I am, I foresaw this and stocked up on these hard-to-find packages beforehand. What a downer though for some to open up the box and realize there's nothing to brew. Nada. Well, they did include free coupons to get the coffee but what good is that on Christmas morning?

The 'college crew' decided to go out for dinner on New Years Eve, there were 8 of us all together. We had appetizers and cocktails here first and then went up the road a very short distance to this Italian restaurant. Talk about price gauging - but that's par for the course on New Year's Eve I think. Our timing was off - way off! We started dinner at 9:00 p.m. and somehow 3 hours flew by. We were shocked to see the ice rain outside and then by the time we cleaned off the vehicles and got moving (at a very slow pace) we ended up spending the countdown to midnight cautiously getting out of the vehicles and onto our very icy driveway. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I had to laugh as I think that is much more memorable than if we would have been inside toasting wit the bottle of champagne we bought. Our party then went from 8 to people down to 4 as 2 couples had to drive home before the weather got any worse. We still had fun and stayed up 'til 3:00 a.m.

Ellie has been using the rather annoying phrase "I know" to everything I say. She doesn't say it rudely, her tone goes up at the end,but somehow it still drives me insane.
"Ellie, you HAVE to go make your bed."
"I know."
"Ellie, we have to hurry up - let's go!"
"I know.
"Ellie, go brush your hair!"
"I know."
Well, she's changed her response after much prodding from me. Now her answer is:
"Indeed!"
Where she got that from I have no idea. The kid cracks me up.

"Ellie, go brush your teeth!"
"Indeed!"
It works for me!

2 comments:

Chunks said...

Indeed is wwwaaaaayyyyyyy better than I know. I know, because I have two daughters that say I know rather regularily. Indeed would be like a salve to my ears.

Monday will suck for us too!

mom of 2 said...

My daughter has a bad case of the "I know"s. There's nothing I can say to that child that she doesn't already know!

School started for us today...I hate getting up early!