Jan 25, 2007

Hmmmm....

So I was strolling through the Dollar Store yesterday, filling my cart with absolutely useless items, when I stopped dead in my tracks in the health and beauty section. Lo and behold doesn't the Dollar Store carry HOME PREGNANCY TESTS! For a dollar! Well, I wish they would have had these babies 9 years ago when I spent a small fortune on determining whether or not Ellie was going to be a force to be reckoned with. However, having said that, I don't know if I would trust a pregnancy test that came from the Dollar Store.


In keeping with my 'spoiled children' blog entry, I wasn't surprised to read this. Here is a prime example. The three year old throws a tantrum because she doesn't want to take her seat before take-off. So instead of getting control of their daughter, they enable this type of behaviour - AND GET KICKED OFF THE PLANE. Apparently this child was screaming and crawling under the seats, etc, and the crew decided to remove them from the plane. I can just imagine the applause after the door closed behind them. The parents complained and said they needed a little more time to calm their daughter, but "weren't given an opportunity to hold her, console her or anything." Ummm, here's a thought - your daughter is holding up hundreds of other people - sit her in her seat, tell her the situation isn't negotiable and fasten the seat belt already!


Tomorrow is a big day - it's Wilbur's 1st birthday! Woohoo! I am throwing him a birthday party and have invited 7 other dogs to come and eat doggie cake and hamburgers. O.K., while you are now rolling your eyes into the back of your head - stop. I am kidding. I did buy him a stuffed duck that quacks though. And three tennis balls. And a bag of treats. I love my dog. :)


My how you've grown....


3 comments:

Chunks said...

The plane people deserved to be thrown off. What saps! Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

Happy Birthday Wilbur!! I was thinking to myself, we've never been to a doggie birthday party, I bet it would be fun. I must be a little nuts.

Peggy said...

sorry I just had to laugh about the pregnancy test at the dollar store. I bought one last week to use on my goat. LOL It actually worked! love your blog btw

madelinesmercantile@yahoo.com said...

hahahaha! oh gosh no NOT pg tests at the dolla store? hahahahha! so glad I don't think about those tests anymore! & Happy Birthday to Wil he is one cute dowg! xo