Jan 8, 2007

Monday, Monday

I had no idea it was THAT dark at 6:50 a.m. No wonder we all slept in like lazy slobs for the past 2 weeks. I told hubby last night that my holidays were over. Today another sort of holidays start - the ones where the kids go back to school. Yay!

The weather here is still mild - it's raining today. I am thankful for it but also a bit apprehensive after seeing An Inconvenient Truth. This is the mildest winter we have seen here in ages. The grass is still green for Pete's sake! Last year on January 21st I was looking at this.

My new obsession on the boob tube is watching real estate shows like Flip This House, House Hunters, Open House, Buy Me, etc. (side note- "Armando" on Flip this House reminds me of my cousin Tim) The shows featuring house flippers are fun to watch, unfortunately the locale we live in is not conducive to this type of money-making idea. One experienced flipper referred to a house he was working on as a 'one night stand' stating that in order to make any money you must, "Get in, get on, get out." The most money is made when you can turnover a house quickly. Unfortunately the real estate market here is so stale, the 4 month old Ritz crackers I found under my side of the bed have more potential...

The kids have now just left for school and the house is quiet. Too quiet. Wait, this is a good quiet. A great quiet. An absolutely FABULOUS quiet! Happy Monday everyone...

5 comments:

Chunks said...

My house is equally quiet! If hubby were at work it would be a perfect day!!

FarmgirlCyn said...

I know the feeling! Tho I homeschool my two teens, when I AM in the house by myself, it is like a little piece of heaven! I just stand there and absorb...nothing.

diana said...

We love those real estate shows too... flip this house etc... one of the best things hubby used to do for me when the kids were young is to take them out for an afternoon so that I could have the house alone... heaven !

berrie said...

ahh love that first day back! The return of routine & I love your analogies, and your style! The house shows always drive me in, thank you so much for the comments Joy they mean a Lot! xo

SoCalMuchacha said...

Hey, not ALL the kids are off to school...still have the big furbaby one! :) I sent you an email, my dear, and in it I mentioned that our local school district is on holiday for nearly FOUR WEEKS! Imagine how happy THOSE parents will be come January 16th! ;)

And I LOVED your "4 month old Ritz crackers I found under my side of the bed have more potential..." line! Too funny, chica!