Feb 22, 2007

I'm Still Alive!

Wow, I haven't really blogged since last Saturday. The well is dry! I have tried to write more than once but nothing came to me and I ended up walking away in disgust thinking, "Man, if I got paid for doing this I'd be fired!"

Hubby and I have been watching American Idol and if Lakisha doesn't win, I'll be mad. I loved her the moment I first saw her. You go girl! We noticed some of the other girls with less talent have a lot of attitude, funny how that works, huh? Karma will always win out in the end though.




I am really looking forward to getting away in a little over a week. I am pretty much packed and ready to go - and as Tom Petty sings, "The waiting is the hardest part". Hopefully when we come back Spring will start, I know, wishful thinking...

I've been cooking and baking up a storm, which is totally not like me! lol Bread, pizza, baked beans, cookies, cake, another batch of cinnamon buns today -gosh, you'd think I was pregnant! (I'm not) I guess that's what winter is for - I don't do half as much in the summer. Gosh, I can't wait for barbequing again. Bring on the heat!


Please forgive me y'all - I'm all tapped out creatively and this post is getting more and more pathetic. Just thought I'd write something though so you know that I'm not stuck in a snow bank somewhere. :) Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

Chunks said...

Hey! A post that quotes Tom Petty and talks about cinnamon buns is ANYTHING but boring!

The beauty of blogging is that there is no limitations, only the self-imposed kind.

FarmgirlCyn said...

Lakisha rocks! She is WAY out of their league. What happened to the guys this year???

Jenny said...

Boring? It sounds like my everyday posts...but wait at least you haven't resorted to posting pictures of your teeth yet...?(Unlike myself)You know you're bored when....

oneblueegg said...

LAKISHA OH my gosh...and she doesn't even believe in herself?? you're so right about what you wrote here about karma:) The other gal, the back up singer her too...the girls rule this year, tho I do like Blake? and the other guy I'm horrible with names until I see them a few more times...as for GA oh man I bawled so much last night what a show if we would have been together it would have been a 3 box o kleenex night! I looove that show! YOU going away again? LUCKY LUCKY DUCK! have fun!!!! did I miss it? where o where are you going this time?

mom of 2 said...

I really like Lakisha, too...and her little girl is just adorable!!

Waiting is the hardest part!

SoCalMuchacha said...

Hey, I haven't blogged since Valentine's Day, and like you have started stuff, but not finished. Such is life, right? Too much else going on right now.

As for cinnamon buns...I think I can smell them...yum! Too lazy to make them, so pancakes, here I come! :)

Btw, glad you aren't stuck in a snow bank. ;)