Feb 17, 2007

Will Somebody Please Help This Girl!


After checking herself out of a short stint in rehab, Britney Spears decided to shave her head bald and get some tattoos. If this does not define self-destructive behaviour, I don't know what does. I pray this girl gets help - and fast.


And now for something totally different:

Mashed potatoes - who doesn't love them? I mean, what's not to love, smooth silky potatoes mixed with butter and milk? Yum! I am a product of two Dutch parents so it's in me to love them - it's in my blood! My son loves 'em too - but Elle not so much - I just don't get it. During dinner the other night I noticed she was not touching this mashed magnificent wonder sitting on her plate so I did what any desperate Mom would do to get her 9 year old to eat potatoes. I leaned over close and whispered in her ear "Eating potatoes makes your boobies grow". After 5 minutes of hysterical laughter that child ate every last bit on her plate. She even tried to eat the leftovers while simultaneously eating the chocoltae cake I gave her for dessert. Potatoes are her new love! Shortly aftter dinner she kinda scared me by asking for some potato chips. Woah Nellie! I fear I may have a wild child on my hands....

7 comments:

mom of 2 said...

Did Britney seriously do that...that's crazy!!

That's funny about the potatoes! We absolutely love mashed potatoes and eat them pretty regularly...yummmmmm!

Chunks said...

Oh Joy that made me chuckle! When Kirah was little, she wouldn't eat potatoes either, but she loved apples. We used to tell her that potatoes were "apples of the earth" and she would gobble them up! Kids are so funny!

Britney needs to lose her children. She is out of control. Plus, she has the lumpiest head I have EVER seen! As one who has shaven her own head, I can advise, girl needs a hat! She has been out of control since she married her friend in Vegas for 55 hours. Her mother needs a slap in the face for letting her get so out of control. Crazy. She will be the next ANS if she isn't careful.

SoCalMuchacha said...

Would leave a longer comment but now that I've learned what makes "things" grow, I'm off to find all the available potatoes in a 10 mile radius...gotta go! ;)

cityfarmer said...

Sour cream in the spuds makes them even creamier.....just a few more calories.

cityfarmer said...

Old news!!!!

just checking in with all my favorite chicks....

cityfarmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FourSistersInACottage said...

Hi Joy,
I'm so glad to find you in blogland.
The whole thing about Britney is that she is what Jean-Bonette Ramsey (sp?) would have been had she made it to the age that Britney is now.
Really sad how these young stars end up with no real childhood or direction. I blame the money hungry parents.
On a lighter not, Potatoes are my main food, I will take them over dessert ANY DAY!!!
Have fun on your vacation....
Your friend in Iowa,
Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)