Mar 28, 2007

I Won!

The Internet can be such a small world sometimes! I met a new (new to me) blogger "the reluctant entertainer" yesterday and actually won a package on her blog! How lucky am I?

Oh, I also wanted to give a shout-out to my wonderful cousin Tim who designs my masthead for me. I do not have that much talent to do it myself ladies! With every new season he magically changes it and I get a fresh, new look. Thanks Tim!

The sun is shining here today which is a welcome sight. It's a bit colder too so Wilbur can venture outside to do his business and when he saunters back in his paws aren't full of mud. Small mercies!

Although it has to be my favourite season, I was reminded this morning another thing that drives me nuts about Spring. The flies. Oh, they're everywhere. And they're stunned. Is there anything more annoying than a stunned fly? They bzz bzz bzz all over the place and then they get stuck on their back and don't know how to put themselves right. Wilbur is quite enjoying them when they land on the floor. He gets such a kick out of playing with them and then gobbles them up as a nice light snack when he's decided they no longer amuse him.

I just don't understand the purpose of a fly. They carry nasty diseases and poop on your food. What is the purpose of that?

Not this weekend, but the next we are going to tackle THE INVISIBLE FENCE for Wilbur. This is a job we have put off since last June. Yes, we've had the system sitting in the box for almost a year now. You see, our yard is rather large (almost 3 acres) and we want to 'invisible fence' the whole thing in. I really hope this works because a small voice inside of me tells me Wilbur will figure it all out in no time. I think we may have to put that baby on full power! And then of course we have to train him. Or rather, I have to train him. This should be fun...in a 'having your teeth drilled without anesthetic' kinda way...

3 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

Too bad we didn't live closer...I've installed a few of those invisible fences in my day...SO much fun...

http://oneblueegg said...

how much does Tim charge he makes a fabulous masthead! ummm the purpose of a fly must indeed be they are here strictly for Wilber:)...I'll send all of mine up your way for him! they are flippen nasty! our neighbor down the road has one of them electric fences and being on a state road I'm amazed at how nicely this pup stays beyond that invisible line, my lu has gone over to play with him(tho it's more like a hump fest) my fixed girl is most likely thinking this dog sure does like me! ahahahha ahhahaahha and he must be thinking when she leaves hey how come you get to leave?????

Nadine said...

Hey Joy I just wanted to stop by and say congratulations on the win. Your header is really nice.