Mar 27, 2007

My Biggest Asset

...would have to be my faith.

Of course trusting God is easy when things are going good. But when life throws you a curve ball, that's when your faith is really tested. Perhaps it was instilled in me from a young age and I thank my dear mother for that, she brought us to church every Sunday and that truly is the best gift I could have ever asked for. How some people walk through life without God I do not know. When I lost my brother tragically two years ago I am proud to say my faith never waivered. Was I mad at God? Sure, and I think that's normal. But I still trusted Him. I never stopped going to church during that time and I saw our church family as a lifeline. They were steadfast Christian soildiers helping us through the darkest time of my family's life. My strong faith was what got me through those dark days - and still does to this day.

O.K. Next subject!

I can see 2 robins hopping around the grass outside my window as I type, such a welcome sight after a long winter. I am rejuvenated by the mild weather and the birds singing. The mud and the rain I could do without but that's another story...

I am excited because I have an idea for a product. It has finally come to me and I am starting to put my plan in motion. I need to find a really good printer and a wholesale company for vessels. And I will probably need a website. Confused? Well, once I get going I will fill you in! It's an idea I've had for a while now and it magically came to fruition last night while I sat at the dinner table. I actually got goose bumps!

More later...

9 comments:

jennifer said...

You rock sista! Praise God for strong christians like you that are willing to share what you found with others. I love it!

Sandy said...

hey, you won on my blog
but I won't post results until tonight

just wanna confirm it with you .. send me your email address, or plz email me

reluctantentertainer@yahoo.com!

:) Sandy

SoCalMuchacha said...

Oh those 'goose bump' moments are incredible, aren't they? Can't wait to hear all about your exciting adventure, chica. I'll grab some munchies and get ready to follow you along on your adventure. You go girl! :)

oneblueegg said...

Oh Joy! Can ya make me a masthead with my chicken? hahahah! That wilber makes me smile and I love what you wrote here, my grandparents led me to church every sunday, and youth group on Wednesday nights (mom was always working) so I thank them for that, I however am confused by some Christians, there are so many that preach to high heaven yet a Lot of them don't appear to practice even the most fundamental teachings of Jesus Christ. xoxoxo!

oneblueegg said...

& p.s. I can NOT wait to see what you're cooking up!

Jenny said...

Oh I bet you your idea will be grand!!
Great post!!

FarmgirlCyn said...

Farmboy and I didn't become believers till we were in our mid 20's, so we had a lot of baggage we were carrying around. Now we are the ones who have to begin the heritage that our children and grandchildren can look to. Lordy, Lordy, where WOULD we be w/o the Lord Jesus Christ!!!

Anonymous said...

So is Faith the same as having confidence in yourself and in your abilities to handle varied situations which you are exposed to each and every day ?

Joy said...

Good question Anonymous...

It can be. I guess I would say that if I have faith and trust in God I can handle anything...