Apr 2, 2007

Dogs are Smart


Today is a dark, rainy day, so after a rather bad night's sleep I decided to catch a few more zzzz's after the kids went to school. Unbeknown to my husband I will usually let Wilbur sleep at the end of the bed but not today. It had been raining and his paws were slightly wet. Well, he was not impressed. After trying to settle on the floor and then circling the bed like a hungry shark, he tried the tactic he knows works best. He comes right up to where my head is and because the bed is just about his height, he lays his head down on the mattress and pleads with me with his eyes. I replied with a stern "No!" Again, he nudges his head in a bit further and adds a couple of whimpers with that. Knowing I probably wouldn't get any sleep unless I gave in prompted me to answer with an exhausted "O.K. Fine!" As if english were his first language, he jumped on that bed so quick that I didn't have the chance to change my mind. Sleep ensued for both of us. Hubby's side of the bed is now full of wet dog germs but he'll never find out. I certainly won't tell him and Wilbur's no dummy either... :)

3 comments:

SoCalMuchacha said...

I think it's been a few days since I've said this (sorry about that Wilbur!), but I love, LOVE, L-O-V-E that dog!! Just brings a smile to my face, much like my Rudy. :)

one`blue egg said...

hahaha! dowg germs yep I know them well:) lucy thinks it's the absolute best thing since t-bones when she is allowed up on the bed! have a good snooooze these are the best kinds of days for those!

FarmgirlCyn said...

AAAWWWW! I don't have a "Wilbur", but I have a doofus Golden named "Beau", who gives the same sorry look when he wants something. I think they learn it at dog training school.