Apr 11, 2007

On Snoring

Can someone please answer me this simple question? Why do snorers ALWAYS deny that they have been snoring?

My husband gets full of righteous indignation when I nudge him after he snores. Righteous-ly! Indignant! I mean c'mon, you're not fooling anyone.

"Honey! You're snoring!"

"Huh, what?"

"You were shaking our bed across the bedroom floor, that's how bad you were snoring."

(insert righteous, indignant voice here)

"No I wasn't."

Oh, o.k. I must have gone insane for a brief moment and heard a train chug-a-chug-a-choo-choo-ing out of your nose. I mean really. Why not an "I'm sorry." Or an innocent "I was?" What would be wrong with that? Is there some code in the snoring book that states you must at all costs, deny the fact that you snore? And if you know full well that the most oppressive sounds come from you when you lay on your back, why do you continually take that position?

The snoring I can bear. The denial of the snoring is the deal breaker. So you know what that means?

The video camera is coming out tonight!

6 comments:

Paul said...

LOLOLOL .... so... sleep well last night?!? LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,
Your father denies snoring too! So I have my answer ready, "There must be another man in this bedroom honey". Try that next time!

quiltdoggie said...

OH Man, Joy! I wanna see the video tape, and that is a great idea to possibly get my honkin' hubby to stop snoring!!!

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Oh my gosh - it must be universal. My husband gets so defensive and insists he has not even fallen asleep yet. Meanwhile the frames are falling off the wall!

Chunks said...

I have the same problem too. Not the denial but the snoring. It's brutal!!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I AM THE QUEEN OF DE-NIAL! AND I POSITIVELY, ABSOLUTELY, DO NOT SNORE.
do I????