Apr 3, 2007

Well, Maybe Not THAT Smart...

Last month Wilbur had a mishap. (this has been a rather bad start to the year for him now that I think about it) He loves to lay at the top of the stairs and sometimes falls asleep. Like this:


The stairs are really tall:



One day he must have been in a really deep sleep because he fell off the first step and continued to fall down 13 stairs. He tumbled like he was in a dryer - BOOM BOOM BOOM - until he landed in a lump at the bottom.

I was petrified that he had broken something but he promptly got up and shook it off with a bewildered look of "What the heck just happened there?"



Lesson learned for Wilbur - stick to the couch - you don't even wake up when you fall off of there...

5 comments:

SoCalMuchacha said...

Oh Wilbur, now don't you know that any self-respecting dog would have said either "Ta-da!" or "I meant to do that!" after falling down the stairs. Of course all said with a big flourish and a huge toothy doggy grin, with that cheesy sparkle shining off of one tooth. Don't worry, I'll have Rudy contact you with how he has perfected the art of "playing it off". ;)

Sandy said...

Who would have thought that Wilbur would get so much attention?
I may have to do a post on our dog, but I'm trying to figure out how to tie it all in to hospitality? ha.
Happy Week! I just got home from St. Louis so hope to get your package out by end of week:)

one`blue egg said...

OK I want a Wilber! hahahahah I love these photos of him so much are you writing that book yet? You got the knack! xo

Chunks said...

Oh bless that Wilbur for giving me a good chuckle!! I needed that!

Jenny said...

I love your new header!!! I showed my hubby your dog earlier on and told him I wanted a Wilbur. He's not convinced. So I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through your blog.