May 29, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Today is my 14th wedding anniversary and I almost forgot - again! Hubby had to remind me last night. What does that say about me? That I am getting early onset Alzheimer's?!


Well, I've had a lot on my mind, perhaps that's the reason. Like our pool. Which by now SHOULD look like this:

But instead, looks like THIS:


It's covered in a toxic sludge. And the worst thing is, it smells as bad as it looks! Swamp-ish. Like Shrek himself may pop out of there at any time. I can't see down to the bottom which makes vaccuming prety much useless. I have put so many chemicals in there and nothing will clear it up. It is disgusting and I want nothing more to do with it!

The baby robins are getting so big! This is another pic I snapped the other day. They're even bigger now. And what a mess they're making in between those two doors! The Mama is so funny to watch - there is a cute chipmunk around here and she attacks it every time it gets anywhere near the vicinity of her babies. I don't think chipmunks EAT baby birds but hey, what do I know? I can't even remember my own wedding anniversary...

Don't forget to enter The Hope Jar Giveaway if you haven't already! (see below)

4 comments:

SoCalMuchacha said...

Happy Anniversary, my dear! :)

Chunks said...

Happy Anniversary and sorry to hear about your sludgy pool. WTH?

I was going to add something else but I seem to have forgotten what I was going to say. I think it's contagious!!

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

OH I looove the birdie pics! Happy Anniversary Joy! Sorry about the icky pool!

Devo said...

I recently watched an episode of Flip this House, and they had a pool with similar issues, and they actually made it worse by dumping a bunch of chemicals in it and had to get a pool guy to clean it up. Would you feel all "Mrs. Robinson" if you had a pool boy? Fun me thinks. Lots of joke fodder. Get one!!!