May 7, 2007

The Hope Jar™ is Born

"The Hope Jar™ contains 30 daily, faith-inspiring affirmations that offer comfort and hope to those who have lost a loved one. These notes of encouragement can be used as an inspiring start to the day, a restorative source of consolation at night, or anytime in between."




My concept has finally come to fruition. I created The Hope Jar™ 2 1/2 years ago after my brother passed away for my sister-in-law and mother. In a very hope-less time I wanted to fill their minds with warm, comforting, soothing thoughts before they laid their head on the pillow at night. It only came to me a few months ago that perhaps I should take this idea and really develop it. So I contacted a lawyer and trademarked "The Hope Jar" and then started looking for suitable jars and a printer to create labels and cards for me. My ever-so-talented cousin Tim designed the logo and my best friend Janet came up with the brilliant tag line "Bottled Inspiration". (credit where credit is due!) I decided to keep my first order of cards and labels low just in case there were any hiccups. And hiccups there were. On Friday when I went to the printers to pick up my order I was disappointed to see they hadn't collated the 250 sets of 30 different quotes. So guess what I was doing all weekend? ;) Still haven't completely finished but I managed to get 50 jars set and ready to go. Now I have to try to add them to my website of which I am still learning the ins and outs. My goal is to get these jars out there and I will be peddling them to local stores as well. Plus, there are MORE Hope Jars coming - different versions - so exciting! I feel like I finally know what I was meant to do. It's a glorious feeling!

9 comments:

Chunks said...

Can I order a couple? Seriously. Email me. chunks6015@hotmail.com I have a few people that this would make a lovely gift for!

What an awesome idea Joy! Congratulations!

Carol said...

Fantastic idea Joy! I think these would sell amazingly - I'd like to order a couple too. carolchurchill@sympatico.ca

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joy, you did it! Let me know if you need any help.
Love Mommy Kay.
Just to add a feeling about the jar that you gave me when Vic died, the notes were such a comfort before I went to sleep!

oneblueegg said...

oh wow! Congratulations dear girl! You're on your way! & I love these little jars filled with hope...one of my very favorite words! hope says so much! the site is lovely and I will be a frequent visitor for sure! xo

Anonymous said...

I am sooo proud of you and wish you all the success you are so deserving of! I too found it to be a source of strength in such a lost and helpless time in all our lives. You are a very special girl and I am soo lucky to have had you beside me thru it all!~ Sincerely Jackie

Rachelle said...

Wow. Great, great, great idea. I know so many who could use this.

Love your blog! And I, too, am always one coffe away from insanity.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jenny said...

Those are amazing!!!
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hey gul,

Just wanted to say I'm so proud of you! You're getting out there and chasing your dreams... And, might I add, they are coming true!

I'm thrilled for you-- you truly are an inspiration to me!

Hugs,
Jan

The Paris Apartment said...

wow! what a great feeling to do what is so right...can't wait to get some myself!
but wait, when this gets wildly successful, will you give up you nuclear physist position?