May 10, 2007

Great News So Far



I'm so excited...

I have spoken with a lady who owns a large website which I think would be a great avenue for The Hope Jar™. I gave her a link to my site and she really like the product and thought it would be a great addition to her site. She also liked my wholesale terms and has now requested a sample. Fingers crossed that she likes it! (she gets over 60,000 visitors to her website each month!)


I also solicited a gift store here in town and the owner not only wants to carry The Hope Jar (and the new Hope Jar varieties that are now on the way) but wants exclusive rights to sell here in this area - which is great because she gets the most traffic.

So things are coming along nicely. But the hiccups are always there too! Like logistics, sales tax, freight expenses, order time - I am learning so much through this adventure I tell ya. And I am loving every single minute of it!

And now for something completely different...


We have a fan at the top of our loft which we haven't turned on in a while. Yesterday I looked at it when I was walking upstairs and the dust on that baby was unbelievable. COLONIES of dust had formed. WHOLE CITIES! I made a mental note to tell hubby NOT to turn on the fan until we cleaned it. Well, I think you know what's coming here, huh? It was SOOO hot here yesterday and because hubby has this weird mental block thing about turning on the air conditioning in May, we were suffering through it at about 8:00 p.m. last night. After I put the kids to bed and walked out into the loft area, I looked up mortified and then ran in what seemed like slow motion yelling "Nooooooooooo!" Too late. He had turned it on full blast. (his eyes are not so good) So now dust has propelled itself into every single nook and cranny that it could possibly reach. Not just dust - but dust bunnies. Fat, fuzzy dust bunnies. That multiply in the thousands. Oh well, on the positive side I guess that's one way of cleaning the fan...

3 comments:

one blue egg said...

WHOOT WHOOOOOT! That is excitin news girl! I'm ecstatic for you!!!!!!!!! I hear ya on the ceiling fans:( they suck to clean and mine or as gross if not grosser! but luckily you more then likely had that handy vac at hand..you know the one laying right there on the floor next to the chair with your husbands underwear on it?????? :)xo

Jenny said...

Exciting news for you!!!
I'm not much of a duster either, I think I blogged about this, but one time I saw a big fat round creature run across my floor and only realized after careful inspection it was a dust bunny.(moved by the air of the open window)
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

hey chica what's up?

madelinesmercantile@yahoo.com

mail me anytime girl! xo