May 14, 2007

Planting the Seeds...

I finally found a 'tree' to plant in my new planters. It's called a Gardenia and it gets the most beautiful white rose-like blooms on them. Fingers crossed I won't kill the poor things! I went to the Dollar Store and bought some smooth river rocks to cover the ground and help keep the moisture in. Nine small bags of river rocks are actually quite heavy!


I was out shopping last week and came across these neat 'grow your own name' plants. They are just the cutest thing and I was surprised to see that they had both of my kids names available. :) I don't know how the heck it works but the bean has the name written on it and when they grow, their name becomes embedded in the leaf. Very cool. They have started to sprout a bit already and the kids love to see the daily progress. So much so that it seems every time I walk in the room they are watering it! Ugh. I'll keep you posted on the progress...

My poor Jack had another migrane after school today - he's still up in his bed right now actually. The only thing that works for him is a dark room and a cold cloth. He refuses to take any medication. I have a feeling he played too much of his Gameboy Advance yesterday...that can be one trigger we think. Very frustrating...

1 comment:

Chunks said...

Someone has been busy!!

I got my parcel today Joy and I want to thank you so much for your creativity and your idea. It will make a wonderful gift for a few wounded souls I know. The Hope Jar is a 'Good Thing'!