May 31, 2007

Slow But Sure

Things are getting done around here and no-one is more happy about that than ME! This is a pic of the side of the house last year ... Honestly when I look at that photo I shake my head - sometimes I have no idea what hubby is up to.



And below is a picture from today. We planted cedars beside the sunroom for wind protection and hubby built me another window box for underneath my kitchen window. (please Lord, don't let it fall) We transplanted all of our hostas over here and they are just the greatest. They are thriving and man, I love them. They are so low maintenance. Like a best friend that you don't have to call everyday. Unlike my begonia trees in the front that seem to be dying - all of the leaves are turning yellow on me! I don''t know what I'm doing wrong with those. Too much water, too little water, too much sun? I guess I should Google it and see what's up with that.

I love it when the weather man is wrong. Today they called for rain and thundershowers all day - we woke up to a bit of rain but since then it's been hot and sunny. Summer volleyball has started up again so I'm thankful we won't have to play in puddles tonight.

I am giving the pool the cold shoulder and I think it's working. I am ignoring it and it seems to be clearing up - a bit. Who knew ignorance could work?


Yesterday I dropped off some jars to a flower/gift store here in town. Is it bad of me to want to go in there and see where she's put them? I just want to go in there with a big hat and sunglasses and snoop. Maybe stand there and and say out loud to people who walk by - "Aren't these GREAT? Hey! Look at these products - they're FABULOUS!" lol I'm such a dork. And can I just give a big shout out to Carol and Marylou who bought Hope Jars from me today - you both made my day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It amazes me to think that Juergan had in insight for all this beauty! To see the process but yet didn't understand the outcome until now WOW!!! He amazes me! What an artist!!!! Jackie

one blue egg said...

WOW your yard is awesome! I like what you've done! ummm those two pics of the birdies need to be blown up and go into a double frame! love them!