Jun 2, 2007

A Few of My Favourite Things

I haven't been yard saling or antiquing much lately. Too busy I guess. The thrill of the hunt will always be with me though as you just never know what you'll find. Like this old tin sign framed in wood. It has so much character and it's one of the things I will never part with.

I found this gorgeous mirror at a tag sale in a rather dilapitated house. I actually wondered whether or not it was worth my while to go in, but I'm sure glad I did! It's huge and weighs at least 40 pounds. The backside is covered in hardwood which I think means it was probably part of a dresser set at one time.

Another one of my 'favourite things' - seeing life through the eyes of a child. Jack ran into the house last night yelling "Where's the camera? Where's the camera? !" He wanted to take a picture of the beautiful clouds overhead. After he was finished he asked me to out it on my blog and refer to him as the "photographer". Quite the kid I tell ya!

6 comments:

Paul said...

hey.... cloud photos!!!

I like that kid already...!!!

Jenny said...

I love old things as well. When we go down to the East Kootenays(BC) for summer holidays I am in my delight as I can roam amongst the flea markets and antique store without worrying about making soccer practises or other Saturday events.
I would have snapped up both of those items as well...
hey I think I'll take some pics of my finds...thanks for the inspiration...
Have a great day!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I think you have quite the photographer there!!!

SoCalMuchacha said...

Lovely items, Miss Joy.

Now for Jack (go get him, Joy! ;)). Beautiful picture, Jack, but what did the clouds look like to you? I always LOVE staring at them for so long that I begin to see animals, people, shapes, or whatever, in them. What/who did YOU see?

Okay, crazy me done with questions for now. Gee, can ya tell I work with kids, or what? ;)

Joy said...

Jack's reply to socalmuchacha:

I saw a volcano erupting! :)

SoCalMuchacha said...

Oooh, that's a good one, Jack--a volcano erupting! Maybe it's just because I was reading Balto recently with a couple of the students, but I swear it looks like Balto's head is bursting through the middle of the clouds...or Dumbo is laying on his back...or Garfield is floating by. Okay, I'm sleep-deprived today (obviously! ;)), so off to bed I go. Thanks again for the picture, Jack, and for letting me know what you thought it looked like. :)