Jun 11, 2007

Swimming Hole

Desperate times call for desperate measures...
After spending a great deal of money on chemicals which seemed to do no good in our swamp, I mean pool, hubby and I made a decision to JUST DRAIN THE DAMN THING! We're glad we did as no amount of shock and chlorine could have fixed what was in there. We found a bicycle, lamp shade, family of muskrats and Shrek himself. Oh I'm kidding! Just nasty water, some leaves and algae is all. Although the last pic doesn't show it we drained every last drop of water and scrubbed it 'til it gleamed. Now today I must call for water prices. I think hubby is naive in how much it will cost. We'll soon see.


I'm a sucker for advertising. This candle boasted that when burning it would sound like a crackling fire. Hah! It sounds more like a cheap candle with a cheap wick. I'm so glad I paid a lot of money to hear a candle that sounds like it's on it's last leg.

5 comments:

Chunks said...

I hope you get your cement pond filled back up soon, I'd hate to see all that hot humid weather go to waste! hahah! You have to get the water trucked in? Wild.

The cracklin' candle is funny.

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

OMG that looks like it will work! Hoping cuz I wanna come over for a dip!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

You are definitely NOT making being a pool owner sound like fun! We are getting a large "Doughboy" put in soon...one of those that are fully sunk into the ground, and my biggest concern is that we will have something that looks like the creature from the black lagoon lives in it!

Anonymous said...

Where did you place all the old H2O and how long did it take you to suck it all out? You have to let us all know how much it DID cost to replace with new H2O. Drastic times calls for drastic measures! Good for you ! Aunty Jackie

tracey said...

LOL about the pool. My sister used to clean a house for folks who had a built in pool outside their door. It was the scummiest thing I'd ever seen, you couldn't see the bottom! And she said they actually swam in it...