Jun 15, 2007

The Tale of the Flattened Hosta

I couldn't figure this one out. One of my hostas was visibly disturbed, almost crushed. There are about 10 in a row so I was a little confused as to why this one was the only damaged one.


And then it dawned on me. Right above said hosta is the new bird feeder we put there.



Hmmm, I smell a rat...



...a bird loving (chasing) rat named Wilbur.



Yes, you know who you are.

Case solved!

The little bugger goes there every morning and tries to catch the birds as they are feeding. He loves to chase them. Poor thing really needs a brother or somethin'...

5 comments:

Chunks said...

Oh could you imagine if there were two of them?

Jenny said...

WILBUR!!! I was just blowing kisses at him...he's sooo cute!!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

oneblueegg said...

wilbs ya always make me smile! That's it Joy I want your dowg! Ya know? that fur boy has more personality then most humans I know! xo

SoCalMuchacha said...

Oh this is SO the chuckle I needed...thank you Joy and Wilbur! :)

As for Wilbur needing company, I think Rudy does desperately, what with no Bailey anymore. He has now taken to TOTALLY playing with a single piece of dog food, and I have to say it is THE FUNNIEST thing to watch. He's so into it! He'll take one piece out of his dog dish, head over to a different area, paw at the piece of kibble until it flies into the air, then chases it down. He finally eats it, then starts over again with another one. And the "stare down" each piece gets...priceless!

Yup, Wilbur and Rudy soooo need to live closer to each other...they could chase birds and play with dog food! :)

Sandy said...

HA! Flattened plants at my house are from soccer balls!
Paul and I are cracking up at Wilbur ...

Sandy